Sunday, October 14, 2007

Look at me I am liked by the unlikable!

Dark Daughta said...

I'm thankful for the ease with which you speak of your belief in homebirth, traditional midwifery and the power of birthing wimmin. Mountain, where do you go when you want to be stimulated as you stimulate and embolden others? Do you have conversations with birth guardians who "get it", who want to learn more and do nore? Where do you find sistership with other rogues planning birthing revolutions? Cuz I'd like to be a fly on that wall. :)



Why thank you! I have a really hard time finding a sisterhood. It seems that a lot of people think I'm kinda strange. Even within the birthing community I find it difficult to relate to other birth practitioners. I don't necessarily feel attacked in anyway but, sometimes I feel like the black sheep. I also find it hard to make friends. Though, I feel like I am a likable person it is difficult to find women that see me as a person who happens to be a midwife. I mostly find stimulation here on the net where I can virtually commune with wonderful souls like you. Your blog just blows me away! You really make me think. All of you do. I am constantly reading and rethinking who I am and what I do. As far as conspiring with other rogues....well, I am still waiting for that!

The midwife I apprenticed with always told me that birth is as safe as life gets. I really do believe it. I try very hard, even though I am a new midwife, to trust in women and to give them the opportunity to do what they believe is the right thing to do. Ultimately, it is their bodies, their babies, their choices. I am there as a sister, friend and spiritual guide. And, I view every birth I attend as a blessing!

1 comment:

Dark Daughta said...

I got such a warm feeling reading this. I've just made my peace with not being liked by those whose rules of engagement leave little space for someone like me who doesn't like to hold her tongue. I appreciate your existence as a rogue midwife very much.