Monday, February 25, 2008

Something new


So, my locks are coming in very nicely. They are untamed and beautiful! I really do enjoy having them. I like to feel them with my fingers and acknowledge the diversity in their structure.



But, as wonderful as they are...I still like having the option of being undercover. So, I have been trying my hand in African head wrapping. I had Jesse snap a pic of my most recent try at a cinnabon.




I love the way the fabric feels all wrapped up on my head. It gives you the feeling of wearing a crown. I truly feel like a queen. I am going to try a few other wraps but this one has been my favorite so far.

3 comments:

Pittsburgh Midwife said...

just found your blog through Pamela's blog, I think. I feel like you and I have a lot in common when it comes to birthing and mama-babies.

Keep on doing what you are doing.

tie-dyed doula said...

Love the dreads! I want dreads, always have wanted them. I just haven't jumped off that boat yet. Love the blog-Shine On!!

tie-dyed doula said...

Oh, i thought maybe you would enjoying reading another blog that i came acrossed. It was listed under "dreads" @ www.walkslowlylivewildly.blogspot.com
Check it out if you get a chance and let me know what your thoughts.
Shine On!